Website Visitors and Non-Personally-Identifying Information
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the type of browser used, language preferences, referring site, the date and time of each visitor request, etc. The Centre for Global Trauma Quality Improvement (CGTQI)'s purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how our visitors interact with our website and basic geographical information related to audience location. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this website.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
"Personally-identifying information" means any information which relates to a living, identifiable person. It often includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc. but may also include other information relating to that person or a combination of information which, if put together may allow a specific person to be identified.
CGTQI discloses potentially personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on our website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using The Centre for Global Trauma Quality Improvement (CGTQI)'s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. CGTQI will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, CGTQI discloses potentially personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of The Centre for Global Trauma Quality Improvement (CGTQI), third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of globaltraumaquality.org and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just to keep you up to date with what's going on with CGTQI and our services. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users with similar support requests. CGTQI takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying information.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to CGTQI website may choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we may ask visitors who sign up for email notifications to provide their name and email address.
By registering on the CGTQI website for access to members only content, you are giving CGTQI explicit consent to store your personally-identifying information.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to be informed - This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right to access – You have the right to request CGTQI for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that CGTQI correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that CGTQI erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that CGTQI restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CGTQI’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CGTQI transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling or automation, under certain conditions.
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling - You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, CGTQI may use "Cookies", or similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Effective Date: January 1, 2020